SCI (Society of Chemical Industry) is sponsoring 10 bursaries, each worth £200 to attend FRPM17. In addition, each bursary will be accompanied by free SCI membership for 1 year (worth £25 for a PhD student or £90 for a Postdoctoral researcher). Early career researchers working in industry or a research organisation may also apply (provided they are within 5 years of award of their PhD).
To be eligible, each candidate must fulfil the following criteria:
- To have registered on the FRPM17 website by midnight on the 17th May 2017. [This may be cancelled later should the applicant be unsuccessful and not be able to attend]
- To have already submitted an abstract for a poster or still be able to submit an abstract by the deadline below via the web-site and by email (see below). [Note that PhD students and Postdoctoral researchers who have already submitted an abstract may review them and resubmit them if they wish].
- Address the following questions in not more than a total of 400 words:
- Why do you wish to attend FRPM17?
- What do you hope to gain by attending the conference?
- How do you think that attending FRPM17 will benefit your research career?
- Submit your application to Professor Richard Horrocks: email@example.com by midnight 1st May 2017.
Successful candidates will be notified during late May and still be eligible for the full early bird registration rate less £200.
Recipients will be asked to agree to attend or participate in (eg via Skype if located outside the UK) a future SCI Fire and Materials Group event (late 2017, early 2018) in conjunction with the SCI Materials Group Early Career Forum.
Additional (limited) travel/accommodation support will be available to attend the SCI event for students located in the UK and nearby mainland Europe.